Saturday 22 June 2013

Pride: Patrick Smugtwit Writes

So, Pride.
What does it mean to you?
But, more importantly, what does it mean to me?
If you look in the dictionary, Pride is somewhere between prick and priest.
Some say it is now just an excuse to have fun and take so many drugs you shit your Aussiebum pants.
But I think it means more, so much more.
It is an inspiration.
I - that is me - think of my top pal, the tiresome tireless gay campaigner Peter Tatchell, surely our Emily Davison.
And not just because he's a bit mental and everyone thinks he should throw himself under a horse.
I feel proud about our gay heroes down the ages, from Sir Oscar Wilde to Nigel Evans, the alleged rapey gay Tory MP.
And never forget all the little people who have fought for our rights.
Like black people in Africa - my mummy runs a hunting farm in Kenya so I know about them.
So brave.
History is made by a quote I just Googled.
Never forget!
Never.
Pride!

Great column there, Patrick, thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Did you see some journalist called Ellie Mae writing about how apparently our Patrick singlehandedly brought down that american gay cure organisation? He is the people's princess.

    ReplyDelete