Monday 14 January 2013

Jodie Foster: Against All Odds

"I hope you’re not disappointed that there won’t be a big coming-out speech tonight, because I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago back in the stone age in those very quaint days when a fragile young girl would open up to trusted friends and family, and co-workers and then gradually, proudly to everyone who knew her, to everyone she actually met. But now apparently I'm told that every celebrity is expected to honor the details of their private life with a press confrence, a fragrance, and a prime-time reality show. You guys might be surprised,  but I am not Honey Boo Boo child. No, I'm sorry that's just not me, never was, and it never will be...

"But seriously, if you had been a public figure from the time that you were a toddler. If you had to fight a life that felt real and honest and normal against all odds, then maybe then you too would value privacy above all else — privacy. Someday in the future people will look back and remember how beautiful it once was. I have given everything up there from the time I was 3 years old. That's reality show enough, don't you think?"

Jodie Foster at the Golden Globes, after receiving the Cecil B DeMille Award honouring her 47 years living on film.
Here's the video.
Can't believe how sour some bitter old queens have been about this.
What do you want - blood?
Fuck you and your out-righteous sanctimonious sniffy elite.
I loves you, Jodie!
As I love anyone who's brave enough to walk away.

PS Does anyone know why most newspapers put "comes out" in inverted commas. 

PPS Helpful as ever, The Sun clarified things for their readers by pointing out Jodie Foster 'comes out' as a lesbian

7 comments:

  1. Fuck 'em.
    I love Jodie Foster too and I always have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree 100%, but by the same token I also wish LGBT folks would in general concentrate on taking down their real enemies, not allies like Suzanne Moore, who might have the odd funny notion but whon are basically sound and on their side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all due respect, Suzanne No-Moore (See what I did there?) is a phoney, a fruitcake and an utter fraud.

      Good day.

      x

      Delete
  3. The negative reactions to this are really fucking getting on my nerves now.
    I looked on twitter earlier and a lot of the nasty responses were from several has-been stars like Bret Easton Ellis and that fugly fat dude who's never actually been in anything he;s just a parasite who's "known" in Hollywood.
    I love Wilson Cruz, but ever since he's started doing "advocacy" shit for GLAAD and even hideous crap for Prudential, he's become unbearable - even he just tweeted an article that mentions praise and cringes from "advocates" after he speech.
    FUCK OFF, you sanctimonious cunts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete