Sunday 20 January 2013

Daniel Radcliffe: Horses For Courses

"It's interesting that it's deemed shocking," he told MTV News. "For me, there's something very strange about that because we see straight sex scenes all the time. We've seen gay sex scenes before. I don't know why a gay sex scene should be any more shocking than a straight sex scene. Or both of them are equally un-shocking."
As Radcliffe walked the jam-packed red carpet at the Eccles Theatre on Friday and answered a seemingly unending series of questions about his sex scenes, he wanted to remind everyone that he starred in a Broadway play in which he mutilates horses and stands naked on stage. What's the more provocative performance?
"What weirded me out the most last night was people were asking me all these questions about the gay sex scenes. I was like, 'You know I did Equus?" Radcliffe laughed. "Some people are asking me questions like this is a more shocking subject, which is so strange."

Daniel Radcliffe talking to MTV about his mild bemusement at being asked endless questions at  Sundance about the "gay sex scene/s" in Kill Your Darlings. 
I've never seen a Harry Potter movie - and hope to get through life without ever doing so - but this young Radcliffe fellow does sound like a jolly decent cove.

Update: Spot the slightly mis/leading headline in The Daily Star.


2 comments:

  1. The word 'mercifully' in this article fucked me off, nothing to do with what Radcliffe said

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2265286/Harry-Potter-star-Daniel-Radcliffe-spotted-kissing-Erin-Darke--emerges-film-raunchy-sex-scenes.html

    But then I could do this with the DM all day

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cynic in me did wonder if there was any connection about stories about his apparent new straight romance appearing in the press at the same time as all thee stuff about his new big gay role...

    ReplyDelete