Thursday 7 July 2011

"I Guess I'll Tell You The Basic Life Story Since I'm At It..."

I thought I'd publish an edited version of the just released online chat between Bradley Manning and Zinnia Jones - mainly cause I found it fascinating and moving.
As it'll be so long I've given it its own blog (currently a work in progress").
I'm editing it so it's more readable and just Bradley talking about Bradley, his life and beliefs (but not computers).
But I'm not correcting much of the original text - I think it's positively Salingeresque!
Please let me know if A) Anyone else has done this, and I'm completely wasting my time and B) If you can think of anyway to make it (even) more reader-friendlerlyly.
Thank you.

bradass87: oh, my name is brad manning,btwim 21, male, and i dont reallyknow where im from xD... but my stuff is in potomac,maryland... outside DC... and i live and work at fortdrum in upstate ny
bradass87: yessh, i spent some time outthere in chi-town [chicago] ... i was there in '06... lived in apickup truck, sleeping in the ohare parking lot,commuting downtown during the day... LONG story
bradass87: my father kicked me out of his house in Oklahoma City in early 06
bradass87: i guess will tell you the basiclife story since im at it already... was born in oklahoma, lived in the small town of crescent, disproportionately evangelical town... i was the science and computer nerd through school... not the most friendly of places, but i did my best

Update: Zinnia Jones has posted a great video Statement On The New York Story and Bradley Manning.
Really great apart from the last minute or so. ARGH!

• Image from WikiLeaksMovie.com

2 comments:

  1. I am trying.
    I mainly trying to figure out how to make a new blogsite that looks acceptable"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Can you still get this blog's template on Blogger?
    Minma Black, I think it's called.
    I remember changing mine and not being able to change back to the classic template.

    Wordpress is supposed to be pretty good, if you want to try something other than Blogger.
    Queerty is a wordpress site, f'r instance.

    Excellent idea.
    I used to follow ZJ on youtube years ago.

    ReplyDelete