Wednesday 24 June 2015

Thought For The Day: Graham Norton

“You have your own rules as you get older. I would prefer to live alone for the rest of my life rather than live with towels that were folded incorrectly.

"Petty is important. That’s why marriages break up. Marriages don’t break up because of big things.

“The older you get, the less right you have to be fussy and yet the older you get the fussier you become, so oddly when your standards should be dropping you find them getting higher. You see younger friends starting relationships and you know how that story ends. You just sit there and wait for the end.

“When you’re young if you meet a partner and they’re cheating on someone to be with you but then they go with you, you think: ‘That’s great.’

“But of course as older people we know they then cheat on you.

“So I’m careful. Why do you want to be heartbroken again because if you keep being heartbroken you’re a moron.”


Mirror.

See the happy moron
He doesn't give a damn
I wish I was a moron
My god, perhaps I am!

Dorothy Parker, arguably.

No comments:

Post a Comment