Thursday 6 November 2014

Patrick Strudwick: I, For Instance...

I, for instance, am feminist to my marrow, a feminist first and a gay rights activist second – second because there is no emancipation for gay people without the universal liberation of women, second because I was raised by feminists, raised without gender expectations, thus foreseeing what the world could be if only we dismantle our tyrannical construction of gender.

The Guardian online.

He is woman - hear him roar!

Strudwick tying himself up in ill-thought out wetter than wet liberal right-on hand-wringing here is actually painful to watch.

And as ever he brilliantly brings the focus back to his wonderful self.

Just beyond parody.

Fagburn's not that concerned that yet another stupid and vacuous Hollywood celebrity has said something stupid and vacuous, to be honest.

It means as little to me as a seleb saying they REALLY LOVE THE GAYS.

I also don't think it's a great scandal or an outrage if a golf player - someone I have also never heard of before - mutters 'fucking faggot' at himself during a tournament.

Can we move on now, please?

PS Thrilling update...

The Independent.

1 comment: