Friday 14 February 2014

Thought For The Day: Steven Rose

"What worries me is not the extent, if at all, to which our genetic, epigenetic or neural constitution and development affect our sexual preferences, but the huge moral panic and religious and political agenda which surrounds the question."

Steven Rose, Open University.

Quoted in a Guardian article, Male sexual orientation influenced by genes, study shows [sic].


PS An interesting article on BBC News magazine - though Fagburn thinks Evolutionary Psychology is headbanging junk science.

4 comments:

  1. I always wondered why people got straight,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gay and I've always considered it to be a form of disability. There is no shame in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In all honesty, I think the same.
      We could be just some biological fuck-up, but if so so what?

      Delete
  3. Not me. An abortion is an abortion - either someone thinks it's wrong or they don't.

    ReplyDelete