Thursday 19 December 2013

Duck Dynasty: Some Crazy Old American Dude You'd Never Heard Of Before Has Said Something Crazy About The Gays And Now Thanks To Some Gays Who Claim To Speak For All Gays You'll Probably Never Have To Hear From Him Again Even Though You Hadn't In The First Place! Phew!!!

“It seems like, to me, a vagina - as a man - would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” 
[Then he paraphrases Corinthians] “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers — they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job.
“We just love ‘em, give ‘em the good news about Jesus - whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. 
"We let God sort ‘em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

Phil Robertson, GQ Magazine - quoted with horror in The Advocate.

No, I'd never heard of him, either.
But apparently Phil is on something called Duck Dynasty, some godawful American reality show neither you nor I have probably ever seen.
Fagburn can't really comment on this, as he's never seen Duck Dynasty, but I guess the show's just an excuse for viewers to "laugh at the hicks".
Hahaha!
Anyway, some pink pearl-clutchers have got their St Margaret knickers in a predictable twist as Phil dared to say what he thought about the gays when he was goaded to in an interview with GQ, a posh magazine.
Holy Moly!

Here's GLAAD's predictable hysterical outrage; "Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to re-examine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families."
Won't somebody please think of the advertisers!
This was also big news for the likes of the UK's Pink Star News, natch.
Now the US TV station, A&E, has "suspended Phil Robertson indefinitely".
Just for saying this!??
I'd be fascinated to know what Phil is quoted as saying here has now been decreed unthinkable, unutterable.
Or why some people have appointed themselves as some kind of LGBT McCarthy tribunal.
It's at times like this that, when next time Fagburn hears right-wing, reactionary Christians talking about an intolerant "Gaystapo" policing public thought, he may wonder if they have a point.

1 comment:

  1. "I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior," he said in a statement. "My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together."

    He added: “However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity.

    "We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."


    Read more at http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/136173/1/I-Would-Never-Treat-Anyone-With-Disrespect-Duck-Dynastys-Phil-Robertson-Backpedals-On-Homophobic-Rant-Following-Suspension#3EP9yariwYmK2hqA.99

    ReplyDelete