Friday 27 December 2013

Daily Mail: Absolutely The Most Patronising Article Ever Written - Official!

Yet another relationship of hers has seemingly bitten the dust.

But Liz Hurley had just the thing to put a smile back on her face: a night out with another man, just days after the reported end of her engagement to former Australian cricketer Shane Warne.

For once, Liz wasn’t on the rebound. She sought solace from the kind of man every girl needs: a gay best friend.

In Liz’s case, that GBF was Elton John’s partner, David Furnish. And just like Liz, every time I’ve checked into Heartbreak Hotel I’ve relied on my own GBF: my fellow Daily Mail columnist, Andrew Pierce.

Where would I be without him? I shudder to think. Andrew is my twin soul, my confidant, my co-conspirator in good times and sad.

And there have been plenty of both in the 15 years we’ve been an ‘item’.

We met, auspiciously enough, at the Savoy Hotel’s American Bar (although he often tells me that we’d actually met once before at the Tory Party Conference)...



Oh do shut up!

Thanks - if that's the right word for bringing this record-breaking pukeyness to my attention - to @DarnEther. x

PS Just one week later the Mail runs another feature saying every woman needs a GBF - and now they can prove it with science.

2 comments:

  1. Isn’t she the one who’s anti-gay marriage? Just because she’s barren.

    ReplyDelete