Friday 11 February 2011

Know Your Enemy: Patrick Cox

"My bulldog Caesar dominates my weekends. I got him nearly three years ago when I walked out of my shoe business, Patrick Cox – I now own a bakery on Brewer Street in Soho – and moved to Maida Vale. I wanted to be woken up in the mornings and pushed out of the door and I knew that for a gay man having a dog would be like having a baby...
"I’d say that my partying days are now 90 per cent behind me. The maddest partying I do is when Caesar and I go on weekend shoots – gun shoots, not fashion shoots. My friends always ask why I’m shooting birds with a gun rather than a camera, but I absolutely love it. It all started when the Duke and Duchess of Rutland gave Elizabeth Hurley and Arun Nayar, a weekend shoot as a wedding present. Elizabeth and I are good friends so she invited me along. I was just meant to be one of the girls – I’ve never held a gun in my life – but Elizabeth hurt her shoulder and said: 'Here, you shoot.' So I went bang and got a bird. Poor bird, but I thought 'this is the coolest thing I’ve ever done'. Now I shoot three times a season."

Patrick Cox, making a bid for the title of world's poshest gay man in The Daily Telegraph.
In his favour his bakery is called Cox, Cookies & Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment