Monday 13 December 2010

Alan Carr: I Think You'll Find It's A Bit More Complicated Than That

'Competing for the best guests against Graham Norton and Paul O’Grady is tough and it is the backroom deals that really bug Carr.
“People say ‘why don’t you get Beyoncé and Lady Gaga on?’ As if I can do it just like that. It is far more complicated.”
First the bookers have to butter up the publicists. And then there are the conditions.
“You are told you mustn’t ask about their facelift or the divorce. I had one where I was told I mustn’t mention their hair, so of course you can’t stop looking at it...”
Carr’s explanation for the reason why TV’s three top chat shows are fronted by gay comedians is less complicated.
“Maybe it’s because we all like a good gossip and a chat show is like a gossip over the garden wall.”'

Chatty Man Alan Carr in The Times.
For the record, Fagburn enjoys Mr Carr's stand up, but is not so keen on him sitting down.
I get the feeling Channel 4 signed him for a huge amount and then realised they didn't know what to do with him.
"He's gay, he's a comedian - oh fuck it, we could always give him a chat show..."

No comments:

Post a Comment