Saturday 18 October 2014

Evan Davis: Tinsel Tits No More

Evan Davis takes issue with Jeremy Paxman, his Newsnight predecessor, who witheringly noted that the current affairs programme is now made by 13-year-olds. “I mean, they are shockingly young, but I put them more at 15 to 20-year-olds,” says Davis. “Still, they love their politics and they just know the answers to everything.”

By the way, while Evan wisely saw that he would have Mandrake to answer to if he had dispensed – in the manner of Robert Peston – with a tie when he presented Newsnight, what has not so far been acknowledged is that the affable 52-year-old broadcaster also took the line of least resistance on his collection of rings.

“I used to wear them, too, but now they have gone,” he told me at the launch of the new Sherlock Holmes exhibition at the Museum of London. “I don’t mind, though. The whole lot of them were only £5 from a shop on Kensington High Street.”

No comments:

Post a Comment