Monday 14 October 2013

Walk A Mile In My Shoes: Baggage Handler Homophobia Alert! PLS RT!!!


A straight dad has tweeted and blogged about this new outrage.

As I dragged the case through the terminal, I looked back at the people I had passed and they too looked at me differently. My luggage was a scarlet letter.
I am a white heterosexual male. This trifecta of privilege means that I’m not routinely subjected to prejudice. But for a few minutes I got to walk in the shoes of a gay person in a public place. For no good reason I had had a slur marked over my luggage. I was degraded. I was shamed. I was humiliated...


Well, that sounds utterly convincing, I shall now make my Kate McCann *sadface*.
We - the gays - can not thank you enough for sharing our pain, straight dude.
Gaymedia and the usual gayhysterics went predictably mad!
No need to even try and check it.
Cause they have such a good record on falling for made-up stories about BAGGAGE HANDLER HOMOPHOBIA!
The "humiliated" gay couple there who cried that a dildo had been strapped to their suitcase in A CLEAR ACT OF HOMOPHOBIA were soon humiliated when it was shown to be so nonsensical they dropped the case.
Remember the oh-so proud mom of a gay kid who claimed to have witnessed HOMOPHOBIA! in the supermarket, but forgot to report it at the time, so just blogged about it instead?
She WENT VIRAL!
Then disappeared, when she was asked to prove it happened.
I could go on.
And on and on and on...

#boycottplanes

PS You may recall Buzzfeed's 29 Stages Of A Twitterstorm was posted just two days go.
Satire - you are beyond fucked!

This could be true - there's 7 billion people in the world.
I guess a lot of them must get bored at work and have a sense of humour.
How anyone could find the above - if it actually happened - offensive is quite beyond me...
But hey groovy straight dad, for a few minutes you got to walk in the shoes of a gay person in a public place.
Wow!

"I am a white heterosexual male. This trifecta of privilege means..."

Oh, do fuck off.
If you factor in you being an insufferable guilt-ridden middle-class wanker that's a quinecta.
Probably.

1 comment:

  1. In the last week or so you have improved.

    I still despise you. But have now upgraded my wish to a "speedy", "efficient" death.

    Ever yours

    ReplyDelete